In this episode, we’re defining what we mean when we say “thinking Christianly.” We discuss:
- What does the faculty of “thinking” entail?
- The difference between the mind and the brain and how they both relate to the soul
- How to integrate faith and learning
- Different kinds of knowledge and how to seek wisdom beyond the Christian worldview
- Making right distinctions and how to make sense of false dichotomies
- The state of Christian higher education and a word of hope
Resources mentioned during our conversation:
- Dallas Willard in “The Allure of Gentleness”: “…reality can be described as what we humans run into when we are wrong…”
- You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit by James K.A. Smith
- A response to Smith’s You Are What You Love
- Alvin Plantinga’s critique of methodological naturalism
- Stan’s articles on the nature of the soul, mind, brain, and body: What are We? and Succumbing to a Very Unchristian Idea (how Christians commonly reduce the mind to the brain).